When you work with me we will talk in-depth about your feelings of anxiety, diagnose the problem, and use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) tools that match the kind of anxiety and stress you experience.
Why I Use CBT With Clients
I’ve devoted years of study and practice to clinically using CBT, because CBT tools provide powerful relief for my clients. You can read reviews of my work here.
Applied well, CBT helps you feel better faster, and the positive effects last longer. In addition, there is overwhelming research that shows this to be true. CBT is the most effective treatment for anxiety problems, as the chart comparing the effectiveness of CBT to other treatments shows. Research shows that CBT is more effective than traditional talk therapy and medication.
Choosing A CBT Therapist
Choosing your therapist is a key decision, especially if you want access to the tools that CBT offers. I am trained and committed to the CBT process, and working with me you’ll find that:
- You are heard and your problems are fully understood
- We’ll set concrete goals that are meaningful to you, and there will be a treatment plan to guide our work
- Our 90-minute sessions will be satisfying and effective, where you not only express your feelings, but use powerful CBT tools that can reduce worry, anxiety or depression, and help you feel better about your life
- I’ll empower you by teaching you how to use these tools for yourself, making it possible to “be your own therapist”
CBT Therapy Tools Work
Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for anxiety disorders are generally very effective. Up to 70-80% of patients experience a significant reduction in anxiety symptoms after 8 to 20 sessions. Although CBT anxiety treatments vary by the specific problem, they usually contain some variation of the techniques below.
- Physical relaxation techniques
- Assessment and re-evaluation of problematic ways of thinking
- Mindfulness techniques
- Gradual exposure to feared stimuli until there is a reduction in fear
- Treatment for insomnia
- Acceptance strategies
- Problem solving strategies (to defeat procrastination, make difficult life decisions, etc.)
The experience of stress and anxiety shows up in many ways. That’s why there are different classifications of anxiety disorders that I treat. You can read about them here.
Get Professional Counseling
If any of these conditions have been troubling your life, I encourage you to email, call or text me at (914) 768-3740 for a free 20-minute office or phone consultation to discuss your options for feeling better and getting better.